Tuesday, December 4, 2018

not mine,...

... not my original thought, but worthy of consideration. I cannot take credit for it, but want to pass it along, thinking as I age, I see more and more value to be had in admitting to mistakes, foolish behavior, hare-brained activities. Realizing one of the benefits of the years invested is retrospection: knowing that what it takes to acquire such though-provoking pearls has been worth the hard knocks along the way.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

 You could probably google it and find out the origin, but that doesn't much matter. Knowing is the important part, looking back from the vantage point of experience and recognizing lessons learned is what counts. I've often said in recent years that even though it has been a bumpy ride at times, there is nothing I would ask for a re-do on, since it was all so educational. Even if it was a complete bust, filled with tears and misery, a total heartache, you learn. Sometimes the lesson is to not do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment