Friday, August 8, 2014

mini road trip: part 3, veering off into TN...



We were just tooling along, cruising down the road, moseying through north Georgia. When suddenly the thought occurred: we are nearly in Tennessee. And that's where my other favorite person is! So, let's go! We called, and asked about the likelihood of meeting her for dinner, and if she might be getting off work early. Yes!

After the very interesting tour of Paradise Gardens, and more information that my head could hold related to the revelations of Howard Finster.  A pleasant and scenic drive up Highway 27.  Northward to TN, and The Land of Cheap Gas. Apparently P. had not informed C. that we were in the neighborhood.  When we arrived in Chattanooga, we drove up to the house, and saw him pushing a small John Deere tractor/lawnmower down the street. He got his grass cut, we had a good meal at a southern cooking cafĂ© downtown, and headed back to GA, after filling up my gas tank ($3.11). (In the interest of full disclosure: I went to the Murphy yesterday, with my 10-cents-per-gal.-off-card, and filled up for $3.03.)

Things got sort of complicated a time or two, which made me 11:00 p.m. getting home and flopping into bed, knowing I had to get up at 5:00 to be at work at 6:00. And then had to go do a volunteer job at the Rivercenter last night, which made me 11:00 flopping into bed again. I have not fully recovered yet, but hopefully that will occur in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment