Tuesday, August 7, 2018

and then, after that...

... aggravating day of south GA heat, humidity and stress, I drove 240 more miles to Decatur. Where I spent the night, to get a ride to South Carolina this morning. As I travel with my cousin who drove entire length of  Tennessee today. I remember  many years ago, traveling with small children who would get antsy after fifteen minutes in the back seat, asking 'are we there yet?' and 'how many more miles?' Going on a family vacation and driving across North Carolina the long way from west to east. Looking back it seems like it took several days, but I know we surely did it in only one.

She is driving to Montana. I am not. Not driving at all, and most definitely not going all the way to Montana. Though I am sure it is beautiful there, and the scenery on the way magnificent. Viewing miles and miles of flat as a pancake heartland through the Dakotas and Nebraska. Breath-taking mountains in the distance as you motor across the plains and approach the Rockies. Miles of open grazing lands across the prairies of wild grasses now federally protected in the mid-west. Snow-capped heights and a million shades of green as you travel through national parks and protected forests.

Traveling on to St.Louis tomorrow. More adventures await...

No comments:

Post a Comment