Thursday, October 12, 2017

another part...

...of the fun on Monday, when we went to TN to amuse one another on the birthday was eating. The celebrated one got to choose about lunch, and we went across town to indulge in Hibachi. Very good, but much more than I would normally eat. So I planned to eat it another time, and asked for a take out box. Sadly, I had leftovers that the chickens surely enjoyed, as I forgot to get my styro. container from the fridge to bring home for another meal.

I had my electric wok in the car, with plans to 'practice' my fajitas for dinner. After consuming far too much at lunch time, we waddled into the grocery store to get the peppers, onions and meat to cook and share. The always entertaining Uncle J. was invited, and came over to dine with us. We also had fresh guacamole, the wonderful Tostitos chips with 'a hint of lime' for dipping. Good eats. I think I gained four pounds in twenty four hours. That stuffing will probably take me weeks to remove...

My thought with the fajitas is that if I can get good at it, perfect one simple dish: I can invite people I like to come and sit down to share a meal together. They will not know, unless a blabbermouth should spill the beans, that the fajitas is the only thing I cook. Hopefully they will enjoy folding peppers, onions and chicken into tortillas enough they will leave full. And also enjoy the time visiting over a meal, fellowship/camaraderie along with some easy dessert. enough they won't wonder where the rest of the food is until they are on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment