Thursday, January 21, 2016

true confessions...

...it was bound to happen. I fell off the no-sugar wagon. At work yesterday when I was cooking all day, making a really yummy cornbread recipe. It was the side dish to go with oven roasted pork loin. Which I did not eat because: it is pork, and glazed with maple syrup.

But, sadly, lost it with the cornbread. I knew I was going to be in trouble, when I read the ingredients. Starts with a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix, with sugar as the second or third ingredient.  I love cornbread: there may be the teeniest bit running through my veins. The best, and therefore worst for you, is the one my mom used to make (and I am sure learned from her mom) cooked in a flat skillet, with lacy crispy edges. It's probably a good thing that I never learned how to make it, otherwise I would be stuck at  home, unable to fit through the door to leave.

And since I fell off the wagon yesterday, I will also confess that while backsliding, I had macaroni and cheese for lunch today. And then said: to hell with it. Eating roasted potatoes dipped in ketchup for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, right? Just get right up, dust yourself off and get back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment