Friday, January 29, 2016

this sweet little third grade...

guy who signed up for homework help is the person I was working with on Thursday afternoon when I went out to the biiiigggg Baptist church at Ellerslie in Harris County. He was really late, to the point of me thinking: 'hmmm... how many minutes were we required to give the professor before we could  just sign our names on a sheet of paper and leave?' My little guy, AJ, was even later than that. So much that I was dangerously close to taking a nap when he finally arrived.

He had a sheet of math problems to do. If you know me, you will know that any level of math problem is going to be problematic: totally math impaired. But hopefully able to handle the sort of homework assigned to a 9 year old. I did  not embarrass myself yet, as all he was doing was practicing his 3's. With a variety of addition and subtraction facts thrown in and jumbled up on the same page- you really have to pay attention to know whether you are combining or deconstructing.

He came in really late, and had a lot of stuff to do - reviewing for tests that apparently occur each Friday, plus a double fist-full of worksheets his teacher found in his desk that he was trying to avoid.
So we did a couple of the things that he was hoping would disappear into the black hole, and had to quit on the catch up stuff, to start on what was really assigned for him to be ready for the Friday testing. Little guy did not know is spelling words, probably got 6 out of 16 right, so he had to write the missed ones twice for practice. I don't expect he did very well when they were having them called out by the teacher today.

No comments:

Post a Comment