Thursday, September 25, 2014

out with the old...

I have been hoping to sell the old Toyota, but not having much success. It has been parked out on the edge of the street for over a week. Where thousands of vehicles pass by it every day. A number of people have stopped and looked, written down my number and called. But they don't call back. A combination of high mileage and price is certainly off-putting.

A man called this morning who is the first who to ask if I would come down on the price. And of course I would. In talking to the guy who sold me the newer one, I concluded I should set my 'asking' price high.  To provide some 'wiggle room', and be willing to let a buyer offer a lower price to feel like they are shrewd negotiators and clever for getting such a wonderful bargain.  Recently posted it on Craigs' List, which could easily be a mistake, as I know everyone who looks there will desire something for practically nothing. But I also know: the option to refuse the offer is always available.

It has been sitting out on the street corner in front of the house for over a week. At one point parked so close to the street that I had a call one evening asking me to move it. From an anonymous female who said it was blocking the line of sight for traffic at the stop sign, waiting to turn onto Lynch Rd. And suggesting if I would not care to relocate: it would be towed. The more I think about that the more annoyed I get... I guess the way she approached it - her tone/attitude. Pretty pissy.

It got relocated Tuesday afternoon. Into town to park on a busy thoroughfare with lots of drive-by traffic. Hoping that some of the different errand-runners on Veteran's Parkway will notice the little gold Toyo. and be interested. It's in front of a State Farm office, where there are often privately-owned vehicles for sale: boats, trucks, jet-skis, four-wheelers, assorted things on trailers. So maybe this will be the place to find a buyer. I'm ready to re-home it.




No comments:

Post a Comment