Sunday, October 3, 2010

a little evangelizing music, please

I enjoyed seeing one of my favorite people over the weekend. I actually have two favorites, and one of them came to Columbus for a couple of days under the guise of wanting to attend the wedding of a friend. But I know she really just came to see me: I choose to believe that I am truly the 'attraction', the mainest, primary, most important reason for driving eight hours (four hours each way to and from TN, especially the part where the only way to get from there to here and back again is through the misery of ATL traffic!)

We did, I think, mostly nothing together. But that's likely the best part/time of the weekend.

I went to Valdosta on Friday, to attend a funeral.

But was anxious to get back to Columbus, since I expected she would be getting here before I could get back from south GA. They were sitting down eating supper when I got here, and had lots of left over asparagus wrapped in the World's Saltiest, Thinnest Ham slices for me to eat.
BFF from elementary school came over for a little girl-y giggle fest, and they probably stayed up half the night talking and laughing like they have done many times over the years. Then they went on Saturday afternoon, to the wedding together at a big historic church downtown, where the bridal party was guaranteed the perfect backdrop for the perfect wedding photos.

The evangelizing part: spend time with people you love. Don't think you have to have a 'plan', be doing something unusual, remarkable, amazing, or exciting... just take the time to be with people you care about. Life is too short to have regrets, especially those of the 'I miss someone I can't tell, see, call, talk to, be with' variety. Don't wait until the season is right for family gatherings, or you have time to clean the house, or someone has a birthday/milestone event: go to visit, call and say 'meet me for lunch', make the effort.

Do it Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment