Monday, June 25, 2018

as the saying goes...

... bad things come in threes, right? I've had mine for the day/week/month. It's just after ten a.m. and I am already able to laugh about aggravating things that altered my plans for getting things done: Tires rotated, gas purchased, on my way. All those did not occur as my intentions had outlined on the to-do list I created to get stuff accomplished.

Starting with the offer of going to IHOP for breakfast with The Man Who Lives Here and a friend who he met while volunteering at the Infantry Museum. He and R. go to eat together each Monday morning if both are available. Travel and doctor's appointments occasionally conflict, but if there is nothing else going on, they will be eating together at 7:30 each Monday morning. He asked me to go, but I said I wanted to be first in line at the tire store to get my wheels rotated.

I knew their hours had changed recently, and was (mistakenly) certain the store opened at 7:30, which was why I declined the offer of a free breakfast. Plus I don't like to eat like that: big lumberjack breakfast with meat, eggs, grits, toast, etc. Too much food for me. A bowl of grits is good, but all that other stuff would make me want to go back to bed and give my tummy a rest.

When I got to the tire store, with minutes to spare, it was odd that the place was still dark, and all the roll up doors to service bays were closed. I got out to go look at the sign and discovered that Yes, the hours had changed from early opening at 7 a.m. But not to the time I had programmed into my brain: they open at 8:00, instead of 7:30. Well, rats.

I thought I would just run up the street to wally world and fill my gas tank while I was waiting - just a couple of  miles away. But when I got there, there was only $3.46 on my gift card. At $2.48 a gallon, that won't get me very far. I got about a gallon and a half. Arrgghhh. The store is 'way across the parking lot, and I was not motivated or prepared to make the hike to reload my card to fill up the card to fill up the tank. So I went back to the tire store and got in. With my note cards to write and book to read while the tire guys did their work.

Struggling with: lost breakfast opportunity, mistaken hours at tire store, nearly empty gift card/gas tank. It has all been resolved: I had 110% sugar blueberry pop tart for breakfast while waiting at the tire store, reloaded my gift card and refilled my gas tank. All before 10 a.m. It has to get better: there is only one way to go from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment