Saturday, August 5, 2017

leaving work...

...  this morning, after five hours. I was headed east on Macon Road, ready to get back home. I knew before I even got to work I was going to desperately need a nap at the earliest possible opportunity. They do some pretty strange stuff to me as far as scheduling goes - the biggest hazard of being a part-timer is that my work is completely random, and could be a four hour shift if the manager so chooses.

I got my work space cleaned up and headed home about 10:30, and passed a man who really caught my eye. He was on a very small bike, one that could possibly be designed for a six year old, with tires of a very small diameter. The frame was so dimunative, it looked like he must have taken it from a kid and just recently removed the training wheels. This was a full grown man.

And he was wearing a black crash helmet. Not a bike helmet, a crash helmet. Like someone riding a motorcycle would wear. With a full face snap on, plexiglass shield protector.  So his head was completely covered. Furiously peddling down the street, as fast as his feet would go and the tires would turn. If he had not been a full size adult on a very small child's bicycle, I probably would not have even glanced his way, to notice the black motorcycle helmet. But it was pretty funny, as well as odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment