Friday, August 14, 2015

drivin' in the dark... also...

... brought on a' MercyMe' fest. I tried to go to the library last night, but my timing was obviously off. I thougth they would be open till nine, but they did not wait for me, and closed before I was able to get my energy and motivation together. I'd worked for over nine hours then came home to a man who asked if we had any dinner plans, so put a meal on the table. (Something wrong with this picture, right?)

I usually have a talking book in the car, that I can plug into the CD player and read/listen while I travel. Due to poor planning, I had to entertain myself when I left home at 5:30 this morning. Before the crowd on the public radio station is even up and ready to talk to me. On the road early, hoping to avoid the worst of the going-into-the-city traffic, and be off the interstate by 7:00.

As I was leaving Decatur, I found Mercy Me CDs to listen to, so had a grand time playing music too loud all the way home. Ninety un-interrupted minutes of loud. Remembering some songs I have not enjoyed in years, and thinking about which ones I would love to hear in church on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment