Friday, February 7, 2014

cat''s tale, part 3

If you have ever tried to medicate a pet, you have a vague idea of what it is like to try to put drugs in a cat. If you have ever tried to put drugs into a cat, you found yourself the recipient of a number of puncture wounds. They are highly unreceptive to ingesting drugs of any variety.

This one needs to be given three different meds. daily. One little half of a minuscule pill once a day, and drops, plus some stuff you rub inside her ear twice a day. I'd much rather be trying to get meds into a little person who could kick, cry and flail around on the floor than a underweight cat with sharp claws and tiny little biting teeth. I've had fair success with the liquid drops, minimal success with the rubbing the stuff in her eat (you'd be amazed as how she can 'close' that ear up!), and practically no luck at all with the pill. Which is apparently the most important of the three. So much so that the vet said I could bring her and her wee little half-pill by and let them force it into her every day.

The vets' office has ordered me some stuff will go in her ear - which is sort of counter productive, as I have had poor success rate with getting what I already have attempted to distribute in there already. So, good luck with doing more of that: as in 'when you keep doing what you are doing, you will keep getting what you got.'

She has felt so badly for several weeks, she has not been cleaning her fur, so the lack of grooming becomes more apparent every day. I know she is struggling with those big old clumped up chunks of fur, they surely hurt when they pull on her skin - like someone grabbing you by the head-hair all day long. But she wont' let me get them out. I keep trying and she keeps evading...

No comments:

Post a Comment