Thursday, January 16, 2014

you've heard it before....

...and sadly, will probably encounter my 'threat' on other occasions in the future. What I said was that I would not make the drive to south GA (Q-town or Valdosta)  in one day. What I must have meant, when I obviously mis-spoke was that I did not Want to make that six hour drive again before going to bed for a nice long refreshing sleep between the going and the coming back.

But it has happened. Today. Still not as bad as that day I drove to Tybee, Q. and back to Columbus  between the getting up and the going to bed... but I'm also considerably older now than then. Though  not necessarily any wiser about perusing hare-brained activities.

There is probably some slot this fits in located between completely insane and appropriately responsible/intelligent, but likely more toward the 'completely' end of the scale. Especailly since I did not get started on the drive until after noon. One of those times when I spent more time on the road than actually being there.

So now that I safely at home, and ready for bed,, I can say that I am glad I went and thankful it is over.  Along with being thankful for numerous things that fell into place to allowed me to return to the comfort of a warm house, flannel pjs, wool sox/warm feet, a credit card to swipe at the pump and buy all the gas I can burn. Amazing taken-for-granted freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution: travel when you want, where you want, safety on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment