Monday, October 7, 2013

there was this customer....

One day last week, when I was at Publix, in the prep area, making salads, I looked up and saw a man standing in the floral dept., obviously in need of  expert assistance. So I took myself up to talk to him, where he was standing in front of the many buckets of flowers, struggling to make a decision, to ask if I could help him. He was pulling out various wrapped bouquets, in the throes of indecisiveness, replacing them, trying to make up his mind/figure out what  to do.

He said he was in trouble at home, and could definitely use some advice. Which I willingly provided, helping him with choosing flowers that would be attractive in the containers he had picked, and would nicely fill the vases with the bunches of fresh cut fall color. I told him we had enclosure cards, if  he wanted to add a card to the vases, I'd punch a hole in the card, and tie it on the neck of the vase with a length of brightly colored ribbon. When he chose two cards: 'Happy Anniversary', and 'the Dog House Guy', another card with an illustration of a man with head and shoulders sticking out of a cartoon dog house, I knew what kind of trouble he was in.

I tied the cards on the vases, and suggested he take one offering of fresh flowers to the wife at her work place, and take the other one for her to find when she would arrive at home.

Then I also said, Here's my Best Suggestion: Chocolate. Candy is on Aisle 4. What I would Really recommend is Hershey's Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment