Thursday, March 28, 2013

it must be time....

I saw something on the mass mailing list for the panhandle area Neighborhood Watch. And decided it is time for me to get the hummingbird juice ready to put the feeders out. Someone posted a photo of his 'first' sighting of the spring - caught in motion, looking for something sweet to poke his little thin beak into.

So I got out the jar I put the sugar water in, made the concoction in the proper proportions and have two feeders out with bird juice - ready to for them to come and tweet their way around my yard. Really not much blooming around here - some yellow carolina jasmine, and the tiny little white and blue blooms of mazaus ground cover. But I'm ready for the hummers to come back and find my feeders - full and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment