Sunday, August 21, 2011

good night, all...

I am taking my sleeping bag and toothbrush to spend the night at church.
I will get my reward in heaven, and also at the gathering that will include food when we all get Tshirts that are printed with the VIP slogan: God Blesses Me When I Sleep in Church. VIP is a local ministry that is part of a nationwide program designed to keep families together. There are apparently no other local resources for people that will allow families to stay intact. We are carefully  instructed to not call these people 'homeless', but they are in pretty dire straights.
Just wanted to give you an opportunity to count your blessings.

Here's another: aren't you thankful that you do not have to go out in the fields and pick baby spinach leaves every day for your livlihood?
I have to be at Publix at 7:00 a.m.,on Monday, where I will be making salads and thankful that I am not the one who is out there in the hotness, bugginess, dirtyness picking the greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment