Friday, January 1, 2010

A tale of semi-woe...

When I left home for a couple of days last week, I (mistakenly) thought I had done a reasonably good job of hiding my chocolate 'stash'. Someone came over Christmas and left a great quantity of Toffee (a half-full half-gallon zipper bag definitely qualifies as 'too much'). I felt like it was secure on the floor, in the back, under the shelf, in the dark pantry from someone. As stated earlier, I was mistaken. My 'stash' has been 'out-ed' and now if I try to re-arrange things, he knows it exists, and will be asking 'Where?' Also (thinks he :) I have been really conscientious about (not) eating junk, so any attempts to convince him that it's all gone as a result of my loss of self-control is so remotely unlikely to be completely unbelieveable.


So the 'semi-woe' part is that the man who takes five insulin shots a day knows there is bad-chocolate-sugar-butter-toffee on the premisies that was inadequatedly disguised under a bag of pecans. The good news is that since he will be eating most of it, I won't be burning off those calories. The bad news is that he will be eating it.

The good news is that since he just walked out the door, I can eat it while I am sitting here multi-tasking, and before I go to walk to start burning it off. If you walk in the really cold, do you burn more calories from chattering teeth and chronically running nose, and knocking knees and cold shivers?

No comments:

Post a Comment